Non responsive and poor attitude Condo Manager

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Non responsive and poor attitude Condo Manager

Post  SEK1001 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:24 am

Dear All,

I have many bad experiences with our Condo Manager, Alvin Tan. I have few occasions to have him to return my calls on some issues that need him to address as he is always not in the office and he never once did. Whenever I managed to call him in the office the next day, his excuse was he was about to return my calls.

Another incident was 3 days ago (Thursday night) when I approached one of our security guards to get him to call Alvin Tan as my car was scratched by someone whom I suspected is one of the contractor working at Block 88 lobby 1 that afternoon. The guard called several times on his mobile phone at about 9pm and he didnt answer his calls. Hence, the security guard texted him to ask him to return call, and again he didnt even bother to return call. When I called him the next day to ask him why didn't he return call last night, his excuse was his mobile phone battery was running low. My point of view is even if his mobile phone battery is flat, a responsible Condo Manager will call back immediately by using his house phone or public phone even after office hour to find out what was the urgent matter that our security guard needed his immediate attention. In view of this incident, if something seriously happens in our condominium that needs his immediate attention regardless of during or after office hours, we, Hillbrooks residents would be in a dilemma.

Based on my above several incidents, I think he has a 'don't care' working attitude and also a non responsible Condo Manager.

SEK1001

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Non responsive and poor attitude Condo Manager

Post  SEK1001 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:32 am

I have written the above incidents to his HQ, Empire City and the following is the reply from his GM:-

Sorry to have receives of such feedback on Condo Manager's non responsive attitude. We will definitely taken your feedback from the HQ perspective and sending our HQ AVP for a detailed investigation on this matter. We will revert on actions after our internal findings. Thanks.

SEK1001

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hbrookskahmen on Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:25 am

The MA and the Condo Manager should do a better job. The MA fee has been increased by $500 per month. This is no peanut. Some or all of the increment may have gone to the Condo Manager's salary.
A camera should be installed in the Management Office. This matter was discussed in the council. Then we will know how the staff is or is not working. Perhaps for this reason, it was "held in abeyance". Baloney!

hbrookskahmen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SEK1001 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:39 am

I fully agreed. We should have a more efficient and responsible MA and Condo Manager after the increment of $500 per month, but it seems is not the case. I think we as residents, should voice out our concern and feedback to their HQ.

SEK1001

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kimkimhb on Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:34 am

What is the council doing about this? It should be monitoring the MA's staff performance. Perhaps the two are getting too close together and scratching each other's back. The authority has taken this possibility into account. That is why, during an AGM, we SPs can decide whether to terminate the MA's contract or not.

kimkimhb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SEK1001 on Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:39 am

Yes, we, SP should voice our views and concerns during the AGM. It is getting frustrating of having a irresponsible MA and Condo Manager after all the 'crab' increment.

SEK1001

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SEK1001 on Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:02 am

I have received a reply from Empire City Consultants' General Manager as follows:-

"We noticed the shortcoming of the attitude of Condo Manager Alvin as shared by you, and we are proposing a replacement of the position to the management council. In fact, the MC is undergoing an interview process. Thanks for your feedback."

SEK1001

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top