Problem Reporting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem Reporting

Post  kimkimhb on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:42 am

Hi all,

Last weekend had been an eventful one, what with the AGM and election of new council, with Mr. Ng out of the list. Those who attended the meeting and stayed to the end will know how it happened.

I had expressed fear that this forum will end with the AGM. Let's keep it alive. One of its usefulness will be to keep the whole community informed about problems in the estate and how, if at all, have they been handled. Problems can be defects, quality of services, disputes, disturbances and any problem concerning the estate. Hope to get active participations from you all.

I will start-off with what I find to be an issue. When I take wait for the bus from the bus stop near Blk 88 in the morning, I am disturbed by the incessant barking of a dog from a second floor. I am sure residents of the unit around it will be disturbed. I have learned that the dog is being left alone at home and residents below and above that unit has complained to the Management Office but nothing had been done about it. Any comment?

kimkimhb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem Reporting

Post  reaoala on Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:49 am

First, thks to kimkimhb. It is a good idea. This forum will enable residents to keep track of issues in the estate. At least there is something to keep us busy on a Sunday.

The unit with the barking dog is Blk 88 #02-05. It is a damn nuisance. A typical example of irresponsible pet ownership. This was a topic discussed on TV recently.

Our condo management does not seem to be able to anything about it. Maybe it should be reported to AVA or SPCA.

reaoala

Back to top Go down

Post  nka on Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:59 am

kimkimhb,

Thks for starting this topic. Its a good idea.

On the day of the AGM on 30th Mar, I reported to Management about loose tiles on the floor near the mailbox at Blk 88 Lobby2. Let's see how long will it take to fix them.

nka

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nka on Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:26 pm

The water at the fish pond is dirty. So is the water at the pond at B1 carpark. I have reported to the Managing Agent.

nka

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nka on Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:42 am

nka wrote:The water at the fish pond is dirty. So is the water at the pond at B1 carpark. I have reported to the Managing Agent.

Condo Mgr has replied to me that the pump is working and the ponds will be cleaned next month.

nka

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hbrookskahmen on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:05 pm

From the Minutes of 1st Council Meeting

"8.3 Water Seepage at Basement 1 Car Park

Council was briefed on the status of the trial held on 28th Mar 2013 which was in favour of the MCST. Council unanimously agreed to pursue the matter in orger for the SP to rectify the water seepage problem."

Its not 100% in favour of the MCST. The MCST has to bear some liabilities and as a result. some costs. The Minutes should reveal how much is the cost and whether it has been budgeted for.

hbrookskahmen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ronlimch256 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:47 am

Yes, more details will mean more transparency. What are the liabilities of the MCST and how much it will cost the MCST. In water seepage case, somtimes the liabilities are shared half-half by the two parties in dispute.

ronlimch256

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hillybilly on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:19 am

hbrookskahmen wrote:From the Minutes of 1st Council Meeting

"8.3 Water Seepage at Basement 1 Car Park

Council was briefed on the status of the trial held on 28th Mar 2013 which was in favour of the MCST. Council unanimously agreed to pursue the matter in orger for the SP to rectify the water seepage problem."

This is too brief. Where is the trial held, a lower court? Pursue the matter means going to a higher court? This is like trying to hide the truth from the SPs.

hillybilly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ronlimch256 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:30 am

The Condo Manager is not responsive on this matter. He wants my blk and unit number instead.
I will be careful with that. The Management may get back at me for being nosy or a troublemaker. I know from friends that this can be done in many ways.

When the MCST is involved in a "trial", it means it is a court case. We SPs have the right to know the judgment passed and how much it costs the MCST.

ronlimch256

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  singawala on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:35 am

Agree. If the MCST is involved in a court case, whether as the plaintiff or the accused, council should be more forthright, esp. with the expense. . If the legal expense is big, council should not proceed without approval from SPs in a general meeting.

singawala

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kimkimhb on Sun May 19, 2013 4:16 pm

Fr d type of poor decisions made, e.g., access at d backgate, banks for FD, n now taking d hot shower out of use, it seems either the M.A. is giving poor advice or not giving any advice to d council.

kimkimhb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top